Garlic Steamed String Beans
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 4 servings
1 pound string beans, rinsed and ends removed
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons tamari
4 tablespoons tahini
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Place beans in a steamer basket.
2. Add about 2 inches of water into the pot.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and let steam for 10 minutes.
4. Mix tahini, garlic, and tamari.
5. When beans are tender, place in a bowl with garlic mixture.
6. Squeeze with lemon juice, combine and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Integrative Nutrition 2010