Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
2 cups black or green lentils
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 sprigs thyme, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
3 shallots peeled and thickly sliced
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the lentils in a large pot and cover them with water, leaving an inch or so to spare.
2. Add the parsley, thyme and bay leaf, bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, until the lentils are tender but not mushy.
4. While the lentils are simmering, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk briskly.
5. Drain water.
6. Toss the lentils with dressing and serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Integrative Nutrition 2010