Beef and Arugula Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 pound sirloin, cut into 2"x1/8" strips
1-2 bunches arugula, well washed
2 red bell peppers, cut into very thin strips
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons kuzu
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons rice or cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1. Stir-fry the beef in a pan with 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes or until
2. With tongs or a fork, remove beef, allowing excess oil to drip off, set aside.
3. With remaining oil, stir-fry ginger and garlic for a few minutes, then add the bell pepper. Cook for 2-3
4. In a serving bowl mix together the fresh arugula and the bell pepper mixture.
5. In a small bowl combine kuzu, tamari, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of water. Place in a skillet and cook on
medium heat until sauce starts to thicken. Return the beef to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, just to
warm up the beef.
6. Add the beef to the serving bowl with the arugula and bell peppers. Mix and serve warm.
Try other types of greens such as dandelion, watercress, mustard greens or broccoli rabe.
Recipe courtesy of Integrative Nutrition 2010